An email provider that is web based, Google’s email service is called Gmail. What this means is that your email messages would be stores on the web or on the cloud, as typically said nowadays, instead of your own desktop or laptop. The advantage of this is that you can access your emails from any point of the world with internet access even if you have no computer along with your travels. These email services that are web based like Gmail, will enable you to check your email using several mobile devices.
This guide will show you in a procedural manner on creating a Gmail email account and thus begin with the world of web based email.
Procedural Process In Setting Up A Gmail Account
(1) Go to your preferred web browser whether it may be Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and the like and type in the homepage of Gmail: http://www.gmail.com.
(2) Click the blue hyperlink that says, “Create Account” on the bottom portion of the webpage, under the “Next” blue button.
(3) So that you can create a new Gmail email account, Google will need you to enter your personal information, namely your first name and last name. In addition, you will need to choose a username for your Gmail email account. This will be utilized to make your own email address that is unique, like email@example.com. Note that there are a couple of names that are not available so you may have to think of other alternative usernames. So just choose a username and put in the rest of the information needed of you.
(4) If it so happens that the username of your choice is no longer available, because usernames have to be unique, Gmail will let you know and you will need to pick another Gmail email account username. However, there are many memorable and short usernames that have already been taken so you may probably need to attempt a couple of times until you get an appropriate username that is meant for you and that is available.
Here are some other ways to get the Gmail username that you want.
(a) First, do not get frustrated. If your chosen email address is not in use anymore, you have to face the facts that you cannot get it anymore. Gmail will not let a different ID be registered again—forever. Instead of feeling frustrated, check out other alternatives.
(b) Second, consider if you want to dot or not. Even though there are a lot of email addresses with the formatting of firstname.lastname, Gmail cannot distinguish among them. Emails such as johnsmith, john.smith or jo.hn.sm.ith are actually all the same, based on email standards. This can be either an advantage of disadvantage for you. So note that the email address that you have chosen is already taken in a certain format, it is already taken for all of them entirely. However, by using a little creative placement of dots, you can shift a username that is still unclaimed to an email that works just for you. Case in point, if RonaCCar@gmail.com is already available, you can shift to firstname.lastname@example.org to R.C.Car@gmail.com.
(c) Try being creative. If you have a name that is quite common, attempt to use your initials, your middle, or your nickname. But remember to keep it professional and memorable. There are some people that have creative combinations of their names like Anderson Bradley can be Anderley, for example. You may even include your profession, like Sales.John@gmail.com. Simply do not use usernames that may be too unprofessional or strange to use going forward. It is also recommended that you not put your company in your username that is personal. You probably will not be McCann.Courtney@gmail.com forever and ever!
(d) You can route another email service using Gmail. If you do choose not to trouble yourself with setting up a customized domain with your name but still want all of the features that Gmail offers, you can set up an email address using a free service and make it go through Gmail. One good option is getting an About.me profile. This is a wonderful web space for showing your portfolio or bio. You can sync this using your Google account and you can utilize your email@example.com using a Gmail address, as long as it is available.
(5) It is actually very important for you to keep your email account safe and secure. You have to guarantee that you pick a memorable yet secure password. Do not pick a password such as “password” or “12345,” for example.
(6) As soon as you plugged in all of the information you need, click on the “Next Step: button. You will then be requested to finish your user profile. It would be up to you if you want to do this or not.
(7) For now, congratulations, as you already have a new Gmail email account!