Changing Your Gmail Theme
Did you ever see someone else’s Gmail account and find out that they have a completely different background theme as compared to Gmail’s default? Actually, you can change your Gmail theme as well! Google has offered a couple of themes you can pick from. This ranges from great sunsets to majestic mountains. Also, Google gives you the ability to choose an image and use that as your background theme. To alter your Gmail theme, just follow the steps indicated subsequently:
(1) As soon as you are logged into your Gmail, go to the upper right portion. Click the icon of settings that looks just like a gear. From this drop down menu that comes down, select the option, “Themes”.
(2) Different themes will appear from a window. You can click any of these themes so you can preview what the theme might look like as on your Gmail account.
(3) After deciding on a particular theme, just click the “Save” button found at the bottom of the web page. This will save the theme. So each time you sign into your Gmail account, the selected theme will be applied automatically.
(4) In the instance that you want to utilize a picture that is not included in the themes provided by Google, click the “My Photos” button positioned on the end of the web page.
(5) From the overlapping window that shows up, choose the image derived from your profile images or other uploaded pictures. Besides these, you can also upload a picture from your computer by pressing the link, “Upload a photo” found at the top of the window.
(6) In the instance that you want a particular image uploaded to a different website, you can just copy the picture URL and click the link, “Paste a URL” then paste it there.
(7) As soon as you have chosen your picked image, whether it may be a newly uploaded picture, an existing one, or derived from a URL, click the button, “Select” positioned at the lower left of the web page. This will bring you back to the themes window. Click the button, “Save”, and you are ready to use your new theme!
You do not really need a ton of reasons to change your Gmail theme. One could be because you are bored. Another could be because you want something different to look at this time. Third could be that you want to change your feeling whenever you open your Gmail because sometimes the emails that come in it is a bit stressful. Another is could be that you just feel like having the Gmail theme reflect your mood. But just remember that if you are using Gmail in a professional capacity and everyone can see it in the office, the theme should probably be a bit more professional. However, if it really is just for you and your close friends’ eyes only, it should not be a problem what kind of theme you want your Gmail account to have. Another cute thing is if you want to customize the email theme of your loved one, whether they may be a child, a parent, etc. We are sure they will appreciate such a treat! Worst case scenario, they do not like the theme. It is easy enough to change it back to the default. Just go to the Settings gear icon, click on Themes, and pick the Gmail default theme and you are back to normal! But whoever wanted normal anyway?
If you want to go the extra mile and make Gmail look even more personalized, you can actually create your own theme. This tool can help you select not just particular background images but also theme colors. On the Themes tab under Settings, you will find an easy palette where you can choose the text, the link, and also background colors. You can also choose a Picassa picture or upload a new image meant for the background. Both the footer images and the main body are completely customizable also, by the way.
Although creating your own theme can just take a couple of minutes, it probably will not change your life. However, if you do spend a lot of time inside your Gmail inbox, you always have a choice of giving it a new wallpaper or a new paint job, at the very least.